Donnerstag, April 13, 2006

TWO BUDDIES ... TWO STATESMEN OF THE SAME LEVEL ... FULL OF WISDOM



BUSH:

1) God speaks through me.”

2) "I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend.”

3) "Those who enter the country illegally violate the law.”

4) "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

5) "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.”

6) "No question that the enemy has tried to spread sectarian violence. They use violence as a tool to do that.”

7) "I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome.”

8) "I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."

9) "If the Iranians were to have a nuclear weapon they could proliferate.”


BERLUSCONI:

1)
Before the election:

"I will try to meet your expectations, and I promise from now on, two-and-a-half months of absolute sexual abstinence, until [election day on] 9 April."

After the election:

" I am the Jesus Christ of politics. I am a patient victim, I put up with everyone, I sacrifice myself for everyone."


2) "Let's talk about football and women."

3) "Italy is now a great country to invest in... today we have fewer communists and those who are still there deny having been one. Another reason to invest in Italy is that we have beautiful secretaries... superb girls."

4) “Mussolini never killed anyone. Mussolini used to send people on vacation in internal exile."

5) "The West will continue to conquer peoples, even if it means a confrontation with another civilisation, Islam, firmly entrenched where it was 1,400 years ago."

6) "Those judges are doubly mad! In the first place, because they are politically mad, and in the second place because they are mad anyway.”

7) "There is no-one on the world stage who can compete with me."

8) I don't need to go into office for the power. I have houses all over the world, stupendous boats... beautiful airplanes, a beautiful wife, a beautiful family... I am making a sacrifice."

9) "If they (the judge) do that job it is because they are anthropologically different from the rest of the human race."

10) “I tried many times to convince the American president not to go to war.”

[ ... Berlusconi confessed this after his election defeat on the 10th of April 2006, he still doesn't accept the outcome of the election :-), speaking about election defeat :-) ]





6 Comments:

Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

What worries me is that they probably planned what they would say.

7:39 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Sue Hardy-Dawson:
--------------------
Yes, Sue, it has been alarming! We can only hope that people will wake up, and not only in Italy as they did now!

8:28 nachm.  
Blogger Prerona said...

went to the other site and saw the first painting - a boy in the background - it was AWESOME! Made note of the name - meant to ask you if you wud explain but lost the nopte :( will go again - as i keep cribbing abt - very limited net time/. LOVED the painting. ur good castor. keep going.

9:58 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Prerona:
-----------
When you will find it again, tell me and I'll explain you the picture! :-)

10:42 nachm.  
Blogger Jacky said...

What a pair!

3:53 vorm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Jacky:
---------
It could be really funny, if it wasn't true!

12:41 nachm.  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home