Montag, März 06, 2006

A PAINTING INSPIRED BY ONE OF SUE HARDY-DAWSON'S POEMS


Dreams

I
Dive,
Opalescent,
Through a pool,
Of scarlet birds,
Gilded in sun,
Splashed up,
Fragile as butterflies,
Confused,
As dreams.
Stolen thought,
Intrudes,
Rubies,
On streams,
Floating on pianos,
Confused,
As dreams.

Visions,
With omissions,
Untroubled,
I,
Dive,
Opalescent,
Through a pool,
Of scarlet birds,
Gilded in sun,
Chasing,
Fragile butterflies,
Confusing as dreams,
I,
Dive
Opalescent
Through a pool
Of scarlet butterflies

(by Sue Hardy-Dawson)

Not so long ago I've read this beautiful and oneiric poem by Sue who inspired me to paint this watercolour you can see above! Thank you, Sue, I hope you will like it!

Sue Hardy-Dawson

14 Comments:

Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

It is so so very beautiful, I have not the words to express how much I like it thank-you

12:25 vorm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Sou Hardy-Dawson:
--------------------
Thank YOU, Sue!

Good night!

12:38 vorm.  
Blogger ElovesU said...

Hmm, too me it seems to pink. and i dont really like pink so for now, ill just say im indifferent to this painting..


ELMO

6:25 vorm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Elmo:
--------
It's a pink-opalescent-scarlet dream :-) I can't help it :-)

8:53 vorm.  
Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Castor! you just leave me awestruck with such beautiful paintings! It is truly very nice of you to give a picture to the lovely words of sue.. very touching! somehow you seem to have this amazing sense to picturise lovely words and powerful words as with the CJ post.. Truly wonderful :)

9:06 vorm.  
Blogger castor said...

to xFreakx:
-----------
Thank you, Prmod, for your comment! It's always a pleasure for me to be understood and you understood the meaning of this painting very well :-)

11:34 vorm.  
Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said...

Nice poem and painting.
I see you,
JJ

1:38 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Nmamfqlmsh:
--------------
Thank you, JJ!
I see you,

Castor

2:31 nachm.  
Blogger Cocaine Jesus said...

lucky lucky lucky lucky sue.
fantastique!

10:13 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Cocaine Jesus:
-----------------
Thank you, my friend!

12:05 vorm.  
Blogger Inkblot said...

Startlingly beautiful-the picture and the poetry

12:44 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Inkblot:
-----------
Thank you for stopping by and for your compliments!

1:18 nachm.  
Blogger sirreene said...

It is an amazing painting. The crimson is so vivid I am surprised that it is watercolor.

6:00 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Sirreene:
------------
The original is a watercolor, arranged with my drawing program, therefore the colors are so vivid :-)

4:23 nachm.  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home