Freitag, Februar 10, 2006

DEREK JARMAN


I think I should point out to Derek Jarman and his films, for I was a little bit astonished to notice that some of you haven't seen for example his first film "SEBASTIANE".

Derek Jarman was a poet, author, film maker, artist, video director, gardener, gay rights activist and an inspiration to a lot of people, naturally also to me.

He died of AIDS in 1994.

One of Derek Jarman's quotes :-) :

"All men are homosexual, some turn straight. It must be very odd to be a straight man because your sexuality is hopelessly defensive.
It's like an ideal of racial purity."




3 Comments:

Blogger sirreene said...

Never heard of him.

10:26 nachm.  
Blogger sirreene said...

But then I come here to be educated!

10:26 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Sirreene:
------------
Education is my favorite occupation ;-P :-)

6:45 nachm.  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home