Dienstag, Jänner 17, 2006

Two days ago I've seen a great exibition of EGON SCHIELE's work ...


Egon Schiele is one of the painters who had a great influence on me when I decided to become a painter at the age of seventeen.

At that time I have been the first time in Vienna with my class for one week (I lived at that time in Graz) and I was immediately fascinated by him and his work. He died in 1918 at the age of only 28 by the Asiatic Influenza.

Here is a link to an article about him in English:

http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/schiele/


I put now also one of his self-portraits on my blog ...

8 Comments:

Blogger Cocaine Jesus said...

i really like this. i had never heard of this guy before you so kindly posted this. thanks.

2:43 nachm.  
Blogger Trudging said...

Interesting...

6:25 nachm.  
Blogger Spencer said...

I just read that your sick I so sorry to hear this news I am sending you good thoughts from across the pond!

2:50 nachm.  
Blogger Angel said...

What an interesting painting...

Hope your enjoying your week castor!

Love n Peace,
Angel

3:27 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Cocaine Jesus:
-----------------
It was the same for me when I have been 17, because under the Nazis (I was born in 1943)he
has been one of the representants of the degenerate art and after the 2nd World War the Austrians prefered the abstract art, for this was modern or the Biedermeier- Art for this was expensive.

5:52 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Trudging:
-----------
Yes, therfore I love him...

5:53 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Spencer:
-----------
Thank you, dear Spencer, I can need them, but this all is life ...

5:55 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Angel:
--------
Yes he is one of my favorites!
Tomorrow I'll have my next examinations in the hospital and the I'll see how my weekend will be ...
However:
Love and Peace,

Castor

6:00 nachm.  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home