Freitag, Jänner 06, 2006

Today there is an official holidy in Austria, called " THE ADORATION OF THE MAGI "


Adoration of the Magi (also Adoration of the Kings) - The Gospel of St. Matthew (2:1-12) tells how certain Magi (the Wisemen) from the Orient arrived in Jerusalem, asking, 'Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We observed the rising of his star, and we have come to pay him homage.' (Mat. 2:2-3). King Herod and his court were greatly perturbed on hearing this; he asked the magi to report to him after they found the Child, so he too could go and worship him. Guided by the star, the magi discovered the Infant in a house at Bethlehem, worshiped him and presented him with their gifts. A dream warned the magi not to return to Herod’s court and they set off instead for their own country by another route.

This is a good reason for me to publish my prefered painting of LEONARDO DA VINCI'S work ...

8 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

Haben ein wunderbar
"Adoration of the Mag" holiday.

Do something nice for yourself.

3:32 nachm.  
Blogger Spencer said...

Is this like Christmas?

7:17 nachm.  
Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said...

Today is "little Christmas" in the USA. I celebrate it by finally taking down the Christmas tree.
I see you and have a great weekend my friend.
JJ

7:38 nachm.  
Blogger Cocaine Jesus said...

ditto NMAMFQLMSH. i was given my orders YESTERDAY to take down the tree. apparently over here in the UK it is a tradition.

beautiful painting castor. (not as good as yours though huh?)

10:18 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Daave:
---------
On Sunday I'll follow your nice advice. Tomorrow I have to do the chores, my laundry and other boring things :-( ...
sure it is also for myself bur booooring ...

12:45 vorm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Spencer:
-----------
Yes, this belongs to Chrismas but Leonardo had a pagan position to the religion like the most of the artists of the renaissance ...

12:52 vorm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Nmamfqimsh:
-------------
My position to Christmas is a little bit disordered since I know that those KZ-Attendants and their wifes and children celebrated the "birthday" of the little Jewish boy with Christmas trees and Christmas Carols while the Jewish people in their baracks next door didn't know how the next day will be...
But this is my personal meaning...
How could you know these things, JJ?!
Have a great weekend, dear friend!

I see you,
Castor

1:11 vorm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Cocaine Jesus:
----------------
Yes, Leonardo's painting is one of the most beautiful paintings I've ever seen although he never finished it. You can see it in the Uffizi in Florence and you can feel the protagonists breathing and sometimes you can think that they will starting to move their hands or their faces ... it's so great ... I went three or four times back to have a look on it last year when I was in Florence.
Have particularly a look at the young man on the right of the picture, the expression of his face is like a poem of love of life!

1:28 vorm.  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home