Mittwoch, Dezember 21, 2005

MY FIRST SNOW


My father was my storyteller when I was a child. He narrated for me fairytales he knew by heart or those he made up by himself. So I very early came to know that light and shadow belong together as well as life and death.
One evening shortly before I had to go to bed he gazed at me with a promising smile, put on his winter coat, then he helped me to slip into my coat too, opened the door to the balcony and we stepped out into the gelid night. It was snowing like in the fairytale "Mother Holle" and I enjoyed it a lot.
Then my father took my hand and said to me:" Now catch one of the snowflakes and look how beautiful it is." So did I but by the warmth of my hand the snowflake was melting quickly ... but another arrived, quite different in its beauty from the first ... and smelted too just like those before ... and all the other beauties which arrived afresh at my hand turned also from a small white star to water spotting ...

8 Comments:

Blogger ElovesU said...

Sounds great, and it makes me wonder what kind of father things I could have done with mine if he had not left us when i was only 5..I dont remember him at all, is that sad?

About the snowflakes, I love to look at the beauty all around us. Its hard to notice the small things in life when u run around all day with ultimately useless things. Life is so beautiful but the bells and buzzers of life keep us from "stopping to smell the roses"

Take a moment, relax, breath, and look at the beauty all around you and it will make your day a little better.

ELMO

1:12 vorm.  
Blogger dAAve said...

I love to see snow, but for short periods of time. Here in southern Texas, we get very little snow. I have seen it snow 4 times in my 51 years.

1:38 vorm.  
Blogger Jacky said...

Snow is one of the most beautiful things in the world.

Those who live without it really miss out!

2:56 vorm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Elovesu:
-----------
It's a great pity that FATE has "stolen" you your father when you were a child ...

As for me the happy hours with my father didn't take long ... when I was 9 or 10 years old he began to drink and it was very bitter for me to see the changing of his character caused by the alcohol ...

Oh, Elmo let's speak about the pureness of the snow and the fragrance of incense in wintertime and about the redolence of roses and jasmine during the summertime and so on ...

I want to remind you of the fact that ...

Castor

12:35 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Higher Powered:
-----------------

In the meantime I also prefer the summertime ... times have changed, Dave :-) no mulled wine forevermore, thank goodness!

Castor

12:44 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

To Jacky:
---------
Sure it is beautiful if you can enjoy the country life but it isn't so if you live in the town where snow becomes capot within a few hours ...

But I know what you are thinking when you see the snowflakes falling down:-)!
Have you got my email with the file of Santa Claus :-) ?

:-) Castor

12:55 nachm.  
Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said...

What a wondeful memory Castor.
I see you,
JJ

2:25 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Nmamfqlmsh:
--------------
Yes, JJ, so was my father before the alcohol had him on toast ...

5:31 nachm.  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home