Sonntag, November 06, 2005

SPEAKING ABOUT BUDDHA AND FRIENDSHIP


There is an awesome book about friendship and Buddha by Hermann Hesse, called "Siddhartha".
It is the story of the marvellous friendship between Siddhartha and his friend Govinda, it is a great hymn of an immortal friendship.
This book inspired me a lot in my younger days but also now and accidentally I found yesterday a free online-version in English of this novella in the net.

I hope that everybody of my blogger-friends will enjoy it!

Here is the link:


http://www.online-literature.com/hesse/siddhartha/

4 Comments:

Blogger ElovesU said...

Now ive read my share of religious books, but im currious about this one, ill have to read it in the near future

ELMO

p.s. Im so glad i still gots my internet..

11:23 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Elmo:
--------
:-) this is not a religious book! Hermann Hesse was a great German writer, poet and a painter too who became later the idol of the American Hippie Movement :-)

Fine that you've got still your internet!!!

Have a great new week!

12:02 vorm.  
Blogger Spencer said...

Aww hippies love them pot smoking dodge drafters ha ha just kidding I wasn't even born in that time period!

9:33 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Spencer:
----------
;-) Sure, I could be your father, Spencer, and Elmo's grandfather ;-) as Hermann Hesse could have been my grandfather ;-), but the beauty of a good book and a true friendship is immortal, isn't it?

9:51 nachm.  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home