Sonntag, Oktober 09, 2005

ALEXANDER'S MANIFESTIO ALREADY ca. 2300 YEARS AGO


All mortals should live like one, united, and peacefully working towards the common good.

You should regard the whole world as your country, a country where the best govern, with common laws, and no racid distinctions.

I do not seperate people, as many narrow-minded others do.

I am not interested in the origin of race of citizens; I only distinguish them on the basis of their virtue.

For my part, I consider all, whether they be white or black, equal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Moody Lawless said...

Do you know the source of this?

7:16 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to ML :
------
it is the socalled "Rondanini"-Alexander- Statue from the Pinakothek in Munich:

( I worked it out with my drawingprogram ... )

http://www.isidore-of-seville.com/ImagesofAlexander/4-3.html

8:48 nachm.  
Blogger Grace said...

Wise words indeed Castor, its a pity they hadvnt been heeded more?

11:15 nachm.  
Blogger castor said...

to Grace:
--------
You are so right, it's a pity, but that's life ...

11:45 nachm.  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home