Sonntag, April 03, 2005

THIS WAS MY BENCH

This was my bench in the midst of high grass in the savaged garden high above Taormina with a wonderful view over the town and the Ionean sea.

Here I spent a lot of afternoons after swimming, meditating, drawing and painting.
Here it was where Teruyoshi climed over the fence as I did it before ...
Here he asked me with his gentle voice if he may take a seat ...

I should return to this place still during the next six years until a forest fire had burnt down all the vegetation of this hill.
At that time you could see nearly from every place of Taormina my solitary bench high above the town in the midst of that now naked hill, surrounded by charred and black tree trunks which stared accusingly into space.

Teruyoshi I should never meet again but there is a place in my heart where he will remain forever ...